maria_papadopoulos51

monstera plant dilema

Hi all. I have a monstera plant which I love but I cannot seem to get to grow and flourish like other ones I have seen. And the pot is plenty big from what I know. Also the plant keeps growing sideways. I have place on my balcony where there might be an hour of direct sunlight in the early hours of the day but for the most part indirect sunlight funny enough the plant keeps growing towards the wall away from the sunlight. Any advice?

Comments (2)

• Patrina
    3 years ago

I think your plant need to be staked in order to train it to grow upright here is an article about it. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/swiss-cheese-plant/moss-pole-plant-support.htm

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Swiss Cheese Plants are climbers, so will need a support pole. Is the plant in just a pot, or is it in a pot within a pot? Reason I ask is that house plants need drainage and if it’s planted straight into soil in a pot it will sit in water which will not be good. I don’t know how long you’ve had it, but it looks like it needs repotting. Put it into a pot with drainage holes just an inch or so wider than the current pot, using fresh compost. That will pep it up a treat. Also it prefers some shade, doesn’t mind bright light but not good in full sun - it’s a tropical forest plant.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.