jane_brazier75

Solar Protection without vertical blinds

Jinny Bee
3 years ago

We have a new wooden floor in the living room. We have a large picture window and the room faces south. we need to protect the floor from fading. We don't want to block the view. I don't like vertical blinds. Any ideas?

Comments (6)

• Victoria
    3 years ago

Exterior solutions like an awning or brise soleil?

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

Or a sliding exterior shutter

• minipie
    3 years ago

We have an electric extending awning and love it, it shades the inside and our outside eating area.

It’s only out on really sunny days though so wouldn’t completely prevent fading as there’s still plenty of light coming in on other days.

Does the window have UV filters applied? If not, you can get filters retrofitted as a film I believe.

• Jinny Bee
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you every one. UV filters would be good as we don't have them. We have an external awning but I discovered last week that when the sun is low at this time of year it gets under it.(the living room is on the first floor) The floor and the bottom of the settee were very warm. It took me by surprise as I thought the awning which stretches out a good distance would be sufficient.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 years ago

Surely the easiest thing is to put the clear UV filter film on the glass ? You can’t see it’s there. Doesn’t affect the view !

• Jinny Bee
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes, it is just what I need but I didn't know such a thing existed until it was mentioned here! I am grateful for the help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.