webuser_648037714

Cad packages interior design

HU-648037714
3 years ago

Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations for a good interior design cad package. Would need it to have good graphics for all rooms but must have good kitchen software. Thanks!!

Comments (4)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 years ago

For professional use ? Expect to pay in the region of £3-5k for good software with approx £2k on hardware to run it - with a monthly update subscription fir the software too.

• HU-648037714
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks. Any particular one you’d go for?

• Aaron Harris
    3 years ago

I use AutoCAD 2D for plans and elevations but as Oneplan says that is expensive. I have a colleague who uses a free software called Inkscape. You can create DWG drawing files on it once you have set up A3 etc template files then export out to PDF for emailing etc. Possibly you can still get Sketchup and use it for 30 days to get some 3D visuals done for quotes etc. Otherwise ask some students as they can usually get their hands on software but don't ask any questions!

• PRO
    Edward Tucker : Chartered Architect
    3 years ago

SketchUp is the way to go. There's a free version, but the paid one is reasonably priced at a few hundred I seem to remember. It's intuitive to learn and there are loads of you tube videos. There is also a massive 3D warehouse, where you can download models of pretty much anything you need for interior design, for free. I use it for my clients and they love it ! www.sketchup.com

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.