ben_selby17

Using Polished Plaster – will this work design wise

Ben Selby
3 years ago

OK so I have a fairly specific aesthetic I am aiming for in our sitting room. For context, it is a Victorian terrace in London, with lot's of nice features such as detailed architraves, coving and ceiling roses. The sitting room is a classic setup, with a fireplace in the middle of the back wall, with an alcove on each side.

We have restored the original floorboards, ready to be varnished, and are fitting cast iron rads into the bay.

Colourwise, we are looking at a deep green on the walls and a very light dusky pink on the ceiling. We've chosen the colours and are set on this – hopefully it won't look mad!

In terms of the alcoves, we are going to build cabinets with floating shelves above, with recessed lighting in the form of LED strips built into the shelves.

I have seen you can colour match polished plaster, and have recently been wondering about using the same green in the alcoves, and possibly the chimney breast as well. I'm struggling to picture this, and it's a slightly expensive risk! If anyone has any thoughts, advice or experience of doing this before, I'd love to hear from you!

I have posted pictures of the room in its current state below – apologies for the chaos!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.