sarwar_ahmad

Karndean Art Select Herringbone vs Plank in Glacier Oak

Sarwar Ahmad
3 years ago

Laying new floor over entire ground floor (including an open plan lounge/dinner kitchen that opens onto a North facing patio through large glass sliding doors). We are a restricted in floor build up height to under 15mm, hence going for a Karndean LVT floor (Art Select, Glacier Oak or Mountain Oak) in a herringbone pattern, instead of a wood floor. Trouble is with Lockdown, etc, its been hard to see one these laid out over a large area (in situ, as it were). Does anyone have experience of these? I prefer the glacier oak I think, but unsure whether to go with the herringbone vs a plank layout. Advice appreciated.

Comments (2)

• User
    3 years ago

Hello,

We laid Karndean down everywhere in our previous house, and loved it. Definitely recommend!

I agree with you, I prefer the Glacier Oak and I also think it looks nice in the herringbone layout.

Below is a picture I found on the Internet, sorry it isn't great quality - of the glacier oak.

Karndean LVT art select glacier oak herringbone - Google Search · More Info

And another one of this style floor but by another brand:

Signature Select Parquet Luxury Vinyl Flooring Arctic White Wash SSP-008 | Floor · More Info

I also found one of the Mountain Oak:

Karndean LVT art select glacier oak herringbone - Google Search · More Info

I don't know if these help, but I definitely love the herringbone layout. And I agree with you about glacier oak, but I do recommend you Google it or search on social media, people have uploaded pictures of Karndean laid in their homes. This means you can see exactly what it looks like in a big space.

Karndean are on Houzz too - https://www.houzz.co.uk/pro/karndeandesignflooring/karndean-designflooring

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sarwar Ahmad thanked User
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    3 years ago

We use these in our CAD programme ... can work very well in whole floor applications - sometimes the herringbone works better in larger rooms than in smaller ones though ... you can have planks in smaller spaces - ie mix it up as long as the colour is all the same . If most daylight comes from northern light I’d suggest the warmth of mountain oak , If it’s mostly southern light then glacier oak can be just as lovely. Also take into consideration any wooden furniture that you have already.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.