go_modern

In The Pink - Yay or Nay ?

Go Modern Furniture
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Go Modern Blog Post - Pink. Sugar and spice and all things nice?

Or does that make you want to turn on your heel and run? If pink is a colour you’ve always avoided we think you should think again.

This year’s new launches, from fashion to furniture, all have one colour in common. Yes, it’s pink.

Lots of our manufacturers have chosen to style their latest designs using pink finishes or fabrics.

And it gets the thumbs up from us at Go Modern. Are you brave enough? And if you, how would you add your dash of Pink ??

Pink for a Sofa?

And why not. The fabulous Oltremare sofa by the celebrated fashion designer Antonio Marras in collaboration with Saba Italia is not just an incredible shape. It looks pretty amazing shown here in fabric from Saba’s Lusso range, in a subtle, warming shade of this controversial colour.

Interior designers often advise not pairing pink with other pale shades or white for fear of creating a ‘washed out’ look. Positioned here however against a sea of natural greenery it looks great. We also love the addition of the bold maroon cushion, which gives the whole look a punchy graphic style.

Pink for a Dining Table?

One of Alain Gilles latest tables for Bonaldo is the Geometric. As always with Bonaldo’s designs there are multiple finishes and colours to choose from, but interestingly here Gilles has created a salmon pink version with what he calls a spatula finish. How often do you come across a pink table? It’s brave. We can't think of many. And Bonaldo have then styled it for the shot above with their Ika dining chairs, upholstered in a fabulous sugar pink velvet. And it just works. Beautifully.

Pink for a Drinks Trolley?

It’s simply fun on wheels and then some! And breaking the ‘don’t pair pastels with pastels’ rule Schoenbuch’s Grace Drinks Trolley definitely holds its own here. And shows you can. The stylist obviously decided to break more rules with the addition of the candy coloured chair. Respect.

Pink for a Sideboard

Caruso was a winner of the ‘Eddie Design Award’ for 2015. The judges loved everything about it from the 13 different lacquer colours (seen here again in marsala red) and wood finishes, to the high-quality blue tooth sound system.

Pink Details ?

Dressing tables are definitely having a renaissance and Novamobili’s Ninfea dressing table shows how to use a splash of pink to highlight the detail but not overwhelm it. The drawer and caddy can be lacquered in 25 different colours including the candyfloss shade here. The privacy screen is in a textured grey fabric but, guess what, the fabric options offer some pretty pink shades too.

So why not vote below for your Favourite Pink Piece or Just say "Nay to Pink" - You Choose ......

Saba Oltremare Sofa by Antonio Marras
Bonaldo Geometric Dining Table by Alain Gilles
Schoenbuch Grace Drinks Trolley in Pink
Miniforms Pink Caruso Sideboard with Speaker
Novamobili Ninfea Dressing Table with Pink Details
Nay to Pink - It's Just Not My Colour !!

Comments (8)

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

I know it’s quite popular, but for me I absolutely detest big time pink. Would not entertain it in my house.

Go Modern Furniture thanked Daisy England
  • minnie101
    3 years ago

Yay to dirty pinks, nay to sugary pinks

Go Modern Furniture thanked minnie101
  • Tani H-S
    3 years ago

Oops, didn't mean to vote for the Caruso sideboard! lol. Thought it was a vote of yay/nay to each one, doh! not keen on pink unless it's a shell or blush pink. I do like a bit of raspberry in places though here and there!

Probably the drinks trolley is the least offensive...

Go Modern Furniture thanked Tani H-S
  • Juliet Docherty
    3 years ago

Pink can look great in the right dose when combined with really sludgy dirty colours, otherwise it's too sugary. Dirty pink all the way for me too Minnie.

Go Modern Furniture thanked Juliet Docherty
  • macbroom
    3 years ago

I live near this rather fabulous Barbie pink house. It’s quirky inside and out and is so eye-catching when driving past. Personally, I prefer to stick to bright pink clothes... Agree with the other posts - yay to dirty pinks (unless it’s a kid’s bedroom).

Go Modern Furniture thanked macbroom
  • macbroom
    3 years ago

• macbroom
    3 years ago

Agree with you Sonia - looks good in accessories in smaller doses...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.