webuser_690370532

Kitchen diner, or kitchen, living diner?

Laura Thomas
3 years ago

We moved in last December to an older (late 1800s) house at it’s core, that was extended about 30 yrs ago.

In terms of downstairs we mainly use the kitchen and lounge with the dining room becoming a bit of a corridor.

We can’t decide whether to knock through kitchen to living room for a kitchen, living dining space. OR, (since the lounge currently works well) it might make more sense to go the other way and knock the kitchen and dining room together.

We‘re trying to weigh up what would affect costs and hassle (?) between the 2 options, as well as what would work best for us.

The wall between the kitchen and dining room is the old exterior wall which would also involve removing a chimney.

The front of the house is West facing so the lounge and that end of the house faces south and gets very warm. Whereas the dining room is quite cool in comparison.

The floor plan as it is:

Comments (24)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.