Sliding door cupboard in a Shaker kitchen?

Aisling
last modified: 2 months ago

Hi, I am changing the shape of my kitchen to a U shape to maximise storage. I am hoping to put my utility machines and wall boiler behind sliding doors as pictured. This would also enclose the small window which only looks into my neighbour's kitchen! It was originally designed as a utility room so the window was never meant to be in the kitchen.

Would this work in a Shaker kitchen? I will be getting Shaker presses in cashmere and the sliding doors would be in the same painted wood. The chrome surround of the sliding doors would match the chrome handles of the kitchen presses. The sliding doors would have a window next to it with presses underneath before the next tall unit starts so maybe that would visually separate the two styles? (The island will be gone and the fridge integrated). Bit worried it might look too contemporary in a Shaker kitchen. Any advice appreciated!

My ideas · More Info

My ideas · More Info

Comment