nic1302

Where to place hall radiator and storage?

Nicola M
3 years ago

I'm trying to finalise radiator placement and can't decide where would be the best spot for the hall? The landing upstairs probably won't have space for one so I'm not sure whether the one downstairs should be close to the stairs so we don't get a cold spot up the stairs?

Although this is probably the most logical spot (number 3 on the plan), not sure about having a radiator being the first thing you look at when you walk in? I have an irrational dislike of radiators, but unfortunately, this is the existing print of the house and budget wouldn't stretch to underfloor.

I would like some sort of shoe cupboard and coat hooks too. We've never had a hall before (always just walked straight in). I want to get this right and things not feel cluttered or busy as you walk in but also providing all the 'practical' storage needed. Am I asking too much for this space?

We have around 350mm on either side of the front door and the length of wall 1 is 1400mm.

Any advice or recommendations are very welcome! Thank you.

Comments (7)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.