webuser_499465171

2 Storey home extension - cost estimate advice needed

HU-499465171
3 years ago

Hi all,

We are buying an old existing 3bed semi-detached house with the plan to extend it. In a nutshell it will be a 2 storey extension where the ground floor will see the existing kitchen extended, new shower room downstairs and study room. On the upper floor there will be new family bathroom, ensuite, bedroom extension and an additional bedroom at the rear added. Total new extension part approx 90metre.sq.

Before we even start we wanted to grasp more accurately how much this project will cost us.
We've been told there is a good rule of thumb being a cost per metre/sq we can apply. Which is ground floor £1500/metre.sq and first floor £750metre.sq.

But we have no idea what this does or does not includes. We don't want to proceed on this basis assuming everything is included as that would be risky to our budget. Because we know it will not be. We was wondering whether this would be include: windows/doors? All drainage / Insulation / Roofing to new part of extension?/ Internal plastering and decorating? electrics / plumbing? Flooring?
Does anyone here know what this might be included or not? Or any other better rules of thumb we can apply?

We have so far only allowed separate cost for Architect/structural engineer fees / Kitchen fit out and some loose furniture.

Any advise from people with experience would be much appreciated!!
Thanks.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.