alison_furey67

Unbalanced living room - Off centre fireplace and 1 window, any ideas?

Alison Furey

Hi, I am amazed by some of the advice I have read on here so I hope you can share your wisdom on our living room. We're mid renovation and here we are so far:

I would love to have balance on the fireplace wall. Any ideas? I have thought about a large piece of art to the left of the chimney but the TV also will go to the left. (I'd rather keep TV away from chimney breast). How would you balance the window dressings also? I like the idea of very high sheers but will that work and from wall to wall or just over the windows?

The room is 6.1 metres x 5.4 metres. It's North facing so this is as bright as it gets!

We're in the process of picking a fireplace too.

How would you bring balance to the room?

Comment