webuser_532287199

Haworthia Limifolia - Browning?

Thomas Smith
3 years ago

I got a Haworthia Limifolia plant nearly two months ago, the plant has been seeming to be doing well, however, recently I’ve noticed that the browning (which was originally just towards the base of the plant) is now seemingly working its way up the rest of the plant. I’ve attached photographs to show a better understanding of what I mean. Unfortunately, I don’t have any photos of what the plant used to look like before the browning started to spread.

The plant itself is in a pot with free draining soil and drainage holes at the bottom and I only water it around once every two weeks when the soil is completely dry. As such, I’m hoping that it’s not an issue with overwatering as I know this is likely fatal for these plants. (I’ve had a loss due to overwatering with one of my other succulents which I made a good point of learning from).

The room it’s situated in has a West facing window which does have quick bright light during the afternoon. However, I usually pull the blinds slightly during this time in order to prevent direct sunlight hitting the plant as from what I understand this could damage the plants and cause discolouration. I’m not sure if it’s still too bright or if this would be sufficient in preventing damage.

With the above, I’m not too sure what else could be causing this or whether this is natural for the plant? I’ve looked everywhere for information but the causes of browning that keep cropping up are either due to overwatering or too much direct light.

I’m not bothered either way as long as the plant is healthy and happy. I just want to make sure there’s no issues and if there are any that I can rectify them hopefully before it’s too late.

I’m still relatively new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated and if any further information is required I’m happy to provide this.

Comment

Ireland
    Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.