lynda_daley63

hall flooring dilemma

Lynda Daley
3 years ago

Our hallway has just been decorated - just plain lining paper, painted in Dulux Natural Hessian. Next job to do is the hall, stairs and landing flooring. We are having carpet for the stairs and landing (probably a beige colour, but not too light because of practicality).
Not sure what to do about the hall flooring. Husband wants carpet throughout, but I think this will get dirty quickly, even though we are careful to wipe feet and put on slippers in the hall. I would prefer some hard flooring in the hall, possibly oak flooring or a good quality, synthetic flooring that looks like wood and can be cleaned easily. Would still like a doormat, whether it’s inset as it is now, this is to be decided upon. The doormat we have at the moment is not really big enough and we end up treading on the carpet when entering the house in dirty shoes/boots, therefore we have a carpet square as a “secondary” mat. Not very aesthetically pleasing!
The only thing I am concerned about a hard flooring is that it can be a bit slippery. We’re in our 60’s so not exactly over the hill, but trying to future proof our house as much as possible.
The hallway is entered straight from the driveway to the house (that is, no porch) so practical hall flooring a must.

What would you suggest, please, for the flooring?

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.