jhiggi

roof lights - do they need to be symmetrical in kitchen extension?

jhiggi
3 years ago

hello! we were looking at 2 x roof lights of 1 m (but internal opening would only be 0.75m) and 2.5 m in our kitchen extension.

[our room is essentially a large square: left side kitchen and island with tv and sofa and right side walk way and dining table]

We cannot afford to get TWO roof lights at 1.2m and 2.5m

but are considering maybe getting one at 1.2m (opening of 1m) x 2.5m and one at 1m x 2.5m

Or maybe bigger if we can afford it.

just wondered - has anyone here ever had unsymmetrical roof lights? I think it would look fine - my husband is digging his heels as says it will look weird

I guess I thought better to have more light than less. The idea would be the kitchen island to tv area would be the smaller light, and the kitchen dining area - by the door when you walk in would be bigger.

also pendant lights over island plus wall lights around cabinetry on that side would perhaps make it lighter on that side anyway ?

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.