fridgehell

Fridge bass noises driving me mad - need better alternative quick.

fridgehell
3 years ago

Please help me Houzz, I'm in fridge hell. I bought a Samsung RS21DCNS and the sound it emits is like a car idling outside, from a distance, and up close a very deep rumble mixing with vibrations. It's intolerable to be around and the bass rumble can be heard from the next room. I need to solve this quickly - is there an inexpensive fridge that you know for sure doesn't put out such an oppressive humming? Especially those of you who are sensitive to bass humming from fridges? I don't want to have to keep returning fridges, and I'm concerned that even fridges considered quiet might still have this damn bass hum. Thanks.

Comments (5)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

Consider putting it on an anti vibration mat (commonly used for washing machines)

fridgehell thanked Jonathan
  • Sonia
    3 years ago

In my experience all fridges make a noise as they have a motor.

fridgehell thanked Sonia
  • fridgehell
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jonathan: thanks, I have considered that but this fridge is being taken away anyway and I can't afford to keep returning them.

Sonia: True, my old Maytag fridge/freezer was fairly noisy at times, it's just the bass hum that drives me mad.

• fridgehell
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Bump.

• E D
    3 years ago

As Jonathan indicated, you need to do something about the vibration. This is what’s causing the low frequencies (‘bass’).

Is it sitting on a wooden floor?

Have you contacted the manufacturer about it? It shouldn’t really produce a loud hum.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.