linz58

Kitchen colour dilemma

linz58
3 years ago

Hi, after designing our kitchen 13 years ago we are refreshing it by painting the existing units, kitchen walls and replacing our appliances as well as reconfiguring our mantel area having two “floating“ wall cabinets either side of the mantel. We are keeping our porcelain tiled floor and existing pine doors and skirting boards. We are also replacing our current plain black granite worktops with white quartz.

My dilemma is what colours to use for the units & walls and also what to use for a splash back over the hob. I fancy using two shades of grey which will offset the white quartz but also had in mind painting the walls with Dulux polished pebble which is quite a pale shade of grey. Obviously I don’t want the whole kitchen to be grey but can’t really decide whether to introduce a different colour or whether to do that with blinds and accessories, maybe in a yellow ochre. I also thought about teal or bringing in a denim shade of blue but again am finding it difficult to make a decision. We have a large island and I wondered whether to paint that a different colour? With having quite a lot of pine (I also have a pine dresser) I feel that this brings a bit of warmth if I did keep to shades of grey but any advice would be greatly appreciated.....!

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.