webuser_16713319

fixing a waterlogged lawn

Ruth House
3 years ago

Has anyone successfully improved or fixed a waterlogged lawn?

Just moved to new house and devastated to discover half the lawn is waterlogged. We knew from survey that bottom E d of garden is probe to flooding with heavy rain (indeed it was torrential the day we moved in so we have already witnessed the standing water puddles at the bottom). We will formulate some plans for a raised seating area and raised base for shed etc to work around this problem.

But the main lawn is also awful, currently heavily overgrown with moss so walking on it is impossible, you just sink down into a squelchy wet sponge. Obviously getting rid of the moss and aerating the soil with holes will be our first port of call but I fear it will need a bigger more expensive solution to get it to be a nice lawn for the kids to play on.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.