niamh_coleman

BORA X Pure v BORA Pure

Niamh Coleman
3 years ago

Hi All,

Need to decide on the HOB for the island ( recirculating ) and I am going with BORA, they come up as Number 1.

However BORA X Pure versus Pure?

Is the only difference between the two is that the X PURE has full surface induction so I can have multiple size pots/pans/trays ?

Where the PURE just has 4 x 24 zones?

BORA X PURE
BORA Pure

Comments (35)

• Jonathan
    3 years ago

The X Pure is also bigger.

If you like extraction (versus recirculating) Bora are thought to be the best because they calculate exactly what ducting will be needed. Boras touch controls also seem very easy to use (and cool looking)

If you are going for recirculating then you might prefer the Siemens choices for their square aperture. I also like the look of the Falmec Sentisi - because the extractor is at the back of the hob you don’t lose the top drawer (instead the drawers underneath are reduced in depth) also the extractor doesn’t split the flexible induction area by being in the middle.

• Niamh Coleman
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you Jonathan, we are definitely recirculating we have no ducting laid out of the build. I am set on BORA after seeing Siemens and others but never seen Falmec so will look up

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    3 years ago

Hi Niamh , i have replied to your email with the differences. if you would like to see the systems side by side ..you are welcome to come to our London Showroom.

• Niamh Coleman
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi @Luke, I have no emailed received ? Or there is nothing in messages here ?

I am based in Ireland.

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    3 years ago

i replied to your message...anyway the Pure is an 80cm 4 zone... the X Pure is a 90cm surface induction. Meaning you can link the zones together for a larger cooking area. You can find your local via this link... it list what systems they have on display ... https://www.bora.com/gb/gb/service/find-a-distributor/

• limrahman
    2 years ago

Luke, which is the higher spec model between X and classic 2.0?

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    2 years ago

Hi Limrahman.. it doesn’t really work like that. The X Pure is an all in one induction system with a built in extractor. The Classic is made up of elements ...so you can have induction & gas or Induction & tepan. ...with the separate extractor in the middle. ...its referred to as a domino system.

Both have similar cooking areas & the extractor performances very similar.

The reason to go for the classic is the option to have different cooktops. That ok?

• limrahman
    2 years ago

Hi Luke, I need at least 4 induction and a teppanyaki so trying to work out the best configuration. Its either a Pure X + extractor + teppanyaki OR 2 x induction + 2 x extractor + 1 x teppanyaki.

I assume first option is better value.

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    2 years ago

Hi Limrahman, the first option couldn't work ...so you would have to have a classic with 2 induction cooktops, 2 extractors & one tepan.

• Hazel Chu
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hi Luke, I'm currently looking to purchase a Bora Pure but like Niamh can't decide between a Pure or X Pure, can you tell me what the price difference in euros is? Also is the X Pure recirculating too since we don't have possibility of ducting in our new place. Thanks-Hazel

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    last year

Hi Hazel, I dont know exactly the price difference in euros, as I based in the UK..but around 800 pound more expensive is the X Pure. & both systems can be ducted or recirculation.

• fynchi10
    last year

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the information. We are renovating our kitchen and have been frequently recommended Bora Pure. We are not planning to use it intensively (we are mediocre cooks) but the notion of smell is pretty important.

Would you recommend Bora Pure for a recirculation setup or rather go for a system with an elevating extractor (such as Novy Panorama)? Any other important element to take into consideration before chosing? Thanks

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    last year

Hi fynchi10 , I work for BORA so I’m going to recommend our systems lol ...but I can reassure you that you will be extremely happy with our system & how deals with cooking vapours.

Its quiet, very easy to clean, the controls are super simple to use & its looks great.

• fynchi10
    last year

Thanks, I appreciate the honesty and feedback

I sincerly struggle to have good comparisons between products. I'm 100% convinced that Bora has a great system but wonder if the extraction system that catch the vapors higher (10-30cm) are better.

• Mary B
    last year

I went to the Bora showroom and loved the X Pure product - this is great if you like cooking and have a mixture of small/large pans. I think the joint cooking area on each side is 230mm x 2 (460mm) It also has heat retention levels and looks great in the flush design. I love the fact that it fits into a neat space in the top drawer. However, I would love to hear from someone who has used the product for 3-5 years. I was on the point of ordering the above product but got my son to translate some of the reviews in German on Trust Pilot (only 1 review in English). From 20 reviews there are 65% bad and 15% poor and only 20% excellent or good. This is really worrying me now and not sure if I can believe these reviews. Basically customer service is criticised, but I guess that can happen with any product. Of more concern is some reviews saying defects after 3-4 years. `

• Mary B
    last year

As it is only a small number of reviews, I would still choose Bora from all the downdraft hobs because I loved what I saw at the demo but might consider an ordinary hob with ceiling extractor as well. Would appreciate any ideas or comments on this.

• Jonathan
    last year

If you look at reviews for any appliance they are generally bad- it appears people only leave a review when they are unhappy

• Mary B
    last year

I agree but if you consider the price, I would expect more positive reviews as you might get with a Miele hob. However, I have not checked out the reviews for a Miele downdraft. If I definitely needed a downdraft, Bora would be top of my list but I am also thinking a ceiling extractor may be another option with a hob that has been tried and tested. The only problem is I think you sacrifice on design as you cannot have the same beautiful lighting.

• Jonathan
    last year

Just been reading some terrible reviews for Meile

• HU-93286329
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

Im looking to purchase my third Bora. 1st Bora basic i had an issue with the fan controller, Bora sent an engineer up on a plane from london to repair it! im in glasgow! hence when i bought my new house Bora was my only option for the new kitchen unfortunately we got flooded last december so now im having to decide between a pure and X pure trying to warrant the extra cost of the X

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    7 months ago

maybe you should go for the M Pure then?? brand new out in available in Jan 2024.

• HU-93286329
    7 months ago

I was watching the product reveal last night the M looks great as do those lights! im hoping to have my kitchen refitted by november so its just a wee bit.

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    7 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUSilkxdmI&t=179s 

Here is the new BORA product launch ...turn on the English subtitles.

• 1sandyh
    7 months ago

I wouldn’t pay that for a hob. There’s hundreds on the market now, all just as good

• Jonathan
    7 months ago

@1sandyh there are other manufacturers of course and if your budget won’t stretch to the gold standard of course you have options. All the similar sized hobs with similar extraction are the same money. If you find cheaper is is more disruptive to the cabinets below, or it has a smaller less powerful cooking space, or it can’t demonstrate its extraction credentials, or it has lower quality glass, or it is made by a manufacturer with no reputation for reliability and/or no engineer network to support you post purchase. Cheaper products are not made to the same standard

• HU-999311441
    5 months ago

Hi Luke - Can you describe the difference between Bora X Pure and Bora M Pure? And the price difference to expect? Lastly, is it for certain available from January 2024? Thank you so much!

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    5 months ago

Hi, the M Pure has one side where the zones can be linked to create one big zone & the other side is split into 2 zones. 760mm wide to suit an 80cm unit or bigger.

The X Pure is 830mm to suit a 90cm unit or bigger. & can linked both side to create two large zones. The M Pure is delivery from week 5 2024 at the moment.

• HU-999311441
    5 months ago

Super helpful - thank you!

• PRO
    homekarma
    5 months ago

Hi Luke

Please can you give me an indicative price for each of these models. We are planning the new kitchen now for a house ready in February and would like a Bora hob which has a rectangular extraction (don't like the aesthetics of the central circular extraction models) and a bridging zone to accommodate a plancha/griddle. Kitchen company persuading us towards the Siemens one but I prefer Bora Many thanks

• Filipe Clerigo
    5 months ago

Hi just to give feedback from a real world user: X Pure works like a charm. Zero smell and (to my surprise) low cleaning maintenance. Ee are a house of 6 always pumping. I prepared external exhaust but definitely not necessary.
    No way back!

• PRO
    Luke BORA ASM London
    5 months ago

Hi Homekarma ... your dealer will be able to give prices. Either the M Pure or X Pure would be great choices & you can use a griddle pan. ... possibly the BORA grill pan.

• bexlb
    3 months ago

We are considering the Bora X Pure recirculation hob but getting a lot of people advising against because of the moisture that cannot exit the house. Anyone have issues with this?

• HU-93286329
    3 months ago

Im on my third Bora. sold the house with my first one had a flood in our current house and insurance wrote all contents off however i can report after running a reciirc Bora Basic for 3 yrs there was no damage caused by moisture from my bora we upgraded this time to the pure x

• Theo van den Broek
    2 months ago

Hi, Im also considering a Bora, but torn between x Pure or M pure, both venting to outside. are there any downsides to having 2 bridging Ones instead of one?

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.