slcampbe

dressing room design help!!!

slcampbe
3 years ago

Hi- I need help, advice or suggestions with a spare room that I’m hoping to make into a dressing room and I’m stuck with the layout.

I’ve added photos below, it’s a decent size but slightly awkward. Initially I was just going to have a large chest of drawers and dressing table but it seems crazy not to maximise the space with a wardrobe. To keep costs down I was looking at freestanding wardrobes and like those similar to an IKEA 3 door wardrobe. The problem I am having is that on the wall where a large wardrobe would go nicely- there’s a radiator mid wall. Again I don’t want to move this to keep costs down, so thinking the dressing table/ drawers here. But then putting the wardrobe on the opposite wall means it comes out to partially block the window. Having it right opposite the door makes it slightly awkward as there’s a corner of wall that I assume houses pipe work and would come to the very edge of the mirror. So would it work having a large wardrobe in the middle of the wall opposite the door or would this look out of place/ awkward?

Thank you for taking the time to look!!

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.