webuser_374665798

Roof Terrace Development Challenge

HU-374665798
3 years ago

Keen to turn mistake into benefit as very little choice.

Purchased a small roof terrrace space without due deligence 3 metre By 3 Metre in a grade 2 listed building in south kensington SW7 Beautiful area, nice place. got 112 years lease.

In 2015 landlord applied for a 2 storey extension which was refused planning permission due to bulkiness of the brick structure and since

no other application was made. planning dept mentioned that no pre application was requested.

The terrace is at the rear of the property on 3rd floor of a 4 storiion, with proper insulation that can be used as a bedsit room (studio will

be a posh word)

No issues with access to the roof terrace. It has its own door through the same communal area via lift and stairs as used by other tenants.

Any ideas, suggestion and possible development opportunity from intereseted designers, architect, builders who like to take up the challenge will be much appreciated and compensated.

There are conservatory in the adjoining properties.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    JEREMY MONSIMERT
    3 years ago

Architect on london, I can propose some advice to create a good extension

HU-374665798 thanked JEREMY MONSIMERT
  • PRO
    JEREMY MONSIMERT
    3 years ago

You can create a glass box with a double skin

HU-374665798 thanked JEREMY MONSIMERT
  • Katy N
    3 years ago

Can you sell it on to one of the other flats in the block? Trying to cram a kitchen/ living space/ bedroom space and showerroom in 12square meters is ambitious.

Have you even got access to services for the proposed extension?

HU-374665798 thanked Katy N
  • HU-374665798
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Katy for your suggestion, Looks like this will be the only option even though I would have loved to make even a bedsit, but due to grade 2 listed building and previous refusal the chances are remote.

• Jaq Cualey
    3 years ago

I would look at the current fire-escape strategy and ensure it can accommodate another habitable space . Do you know if the windows to left and right are under the same ownership as the rest of the building through which you would gain access? Once you know the answers to these issues it will be easier to help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.