flynn_walker99

old properly, structural changes subtle and creepy

Flynn Walker
3 years ago

Okay can someone offer any ideas or help me get what is happening here.

I recently redecorated my kitchen (first pic in the set of two is my finished work) please zooM
In where the wall and ceiling meet.

This has been happening for a few years now but this is the first time i have a photo showing me I’m not mental.

It’s subtle I know but that’s feels even creepier.

Someone has re sealed around the ceiling and the painted up again ( worse than my work)

You can see the whiter like of the filler and it’s a different line around the wall and window. Even my blind is positioned differently.

I need some help but it’s as though the ceiling has been removed and re attached (it’s only laid on top of the wall)
Thanks

Comments (7)

• Sonia
    3 years ago

You look like you have a stain above the boiler? Zooming in does not make the picture clearer as it’s so dark. Can you photograph a close up? So the stain could be a leak, or if not you need to use Stain Block (a special paint) to stop the stain seeping through. If you paint over a stain, even a dry one, the stain will seep through.

• obobble
    3 years ago

Did you seal around the line where the wall meets the ceiling? If it was already sealed someone might have used silicone sealer instead of decorators caulk. Paint won’t stay stuck to silicone. Try removing the sealer and caulking instead.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Obobble that was another thought I had as silicone will not accept paint......👍

• annabellaamy
    3 years ago

apart from a white line between the wall and ceiling what do you need help with ? Are you trying to improve the look of your kitchen ?

• tiredoldwoman
    3 years ago

I think it's just the old house creaking and moving , my house is the same . Newly decorated it looks perfect but a few years down the line cracks and spaces form spoiling the neat lines . Flexible filler and a touch up of paint needed , again !

• glendevon
    3 years ago

TBH to me it just looks like the difference in the lighting, nothing else. The uneveness between wall and ceiling is apparent in both. What do you mean, the ceiling is just laid on top of the wall? I have never in my life seen a lift up ceiling. Just think about it logically for a minute and you will realise what you are alleging is impossible.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.