silvershinobi100

Strong Fixing for Bike Hook

Hi - wondering if anyone has any experience or ideas how to solve this problem.

I’m trying to hang a bike hook on an external wall (see picture) - pretty simple bar on a hinge, with two fixing points on the wall.

My problem is that I can’t keep the bar in the wall - when I hung a bike on, the fixing started to come out from the top (see picture).

I used ‘hammer in fixings’ (see picture) which were 100mm long. This required an 8mm drill bit, and the screws just about fit through the eyelets on the bike hook (so can’t use screws much thicker).

Any ideas about how to create a much stronger fixing? Perhaps the drilled hole was too wide so the screws just pull out?

Or is there a different type of fixing to use?

Or should I use a different method - maybe putting a batton on the wall first? Or filling the holes with some kind of resin to hold the screws in place?

Any ideas much appreciated - I’m not experienced in how to solve this!

Thanks in advance...

Comment (1)

• Rowland

hi,
    two options

1. try a resin fixing bolt which will be bonded to the brick and will not have that problem.
    2. an expanded bolt will also provide a sound fixing for the rack.
      best

Rowland