webuser_605635437

Gold or Chrome handles with a Cashmere Kitchen?

Claire Francy
3 years ago

Hi, I’ve just had my new cashmere coloured kitchen installed, I was originally going to have brushed chrome round handles but due to so many items being out of stock

I ended up going for brushed gold. I have sort run with the theme and got pendant lights with a touch of gold too. My kids really don’t like it but my husband loves it and I’m completely divded. If I stick with the gold i’ll get bar stools with a touch of gold too. If I go chrome I’d replace the pendants to something chrome too and get brushed chrome bar stools I’m completely torn on which why to go, so any opinions would be grateful received. (NB the cupboards still have the film)

Comments (24)

• HU-290967725
    3 years ago

Looks Lovely!!

Claire Francy thanked HU-290967725
  • annabellaamy
    3 years ago

yep...looks fine...you just need to tie in with a few kitchen accessories etc. Carefully choose an ornament/vase to go on windowsill. Don't over do it though. Too much gold with the oak worktop will be sickly.

Claire Francy thanked annabellaamy
  • Donna Cook
    3 years ago

Gotta say, I do like the gold but I might have gone with a dark denim shade. Comment has been passed on my bold choices before now, though!

Claire Francy thanked Donna Cook
  • Claire Francy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Donna (Nothing wrong with a bold choice) do you mean the units? As I did want dark blue or black originally but as the top of the kitchen which doesn’t get as much light and has a run of floor to ceiling cupboards I was told it woukd be to dark 🙁!!! But I might stick to my guns if I ever get to do it again.

• Donna
    3 years ago

Oh, I love the cashmere units (it was a possible choice for me 2 years ago but I didn’t want to change the floor which clashed horribly!) I thought the dark denim for knobs and/or handles would look great 😊

• Claire Francy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Ha ha sorry wrong end of the stick, glad you like the cashmere I wasn’t sure as it was so different from my original choice will have a look

at some different coloured handles too.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

I like the gold colour but I would have preferred a classic round knob. Beautiful kitchen and I love the lighting above the island which I can just see!

Claire Francy thanked Sonia
  • Donna
    3 years ago

Haha 😂 It’s a lovely looking kitchen. I just think white gloss jumped the shark a long time ago. I actually have a midnight blue kitchen, but the room is massive and I can get away with it. Please post your final choice so we can all coo and aah x

Claire Francy thanked Donna
  • E D
    3 years ago

Great looking kitchen.

Contemporary but not too trendy.

Well done. 👍

Claire Francy thanked E D
  • Donna Cook
    3 years ago

That’s the point, isn’t it; good looking and functional but not the height of fashion so it doesn’t date easily

Claire Francy thanked Donna Cook
  • Daisy England
    3 years ago

It’s a lovely kitchen. Quick question though as I’m curious, why is the sink in that corner position?

Cashmere fascias have a pink undertone in a specific light. I recall fitting them a couple of years ago. The customer looked at them in our showroom, ordered them but after they were fitted in her house didn’t like them because of the pink tint.

Because of the pink undertone personally I would avoid gold as I think it’s a clash colour but having said that it depends on the light flow in your kitchen to bring out the pink tint against it.

I would perhaps have gone for black but I am aware that due to a 3 month lockdown production stopped and stock has not been replenished at many suppliers. As a business we are struggling to get suppliers (one of which is my new worktops 😢).

Claire Francy thanked Daisy England
  • Claire Francy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Daisy England, thank you. Sink is there as it sort of ended up as being the most practical next to the oven would have been squashed and not much workspace left for prep or washing up, which I had in my last kitchen it drove me mad. Could have put the sink or the cooker in the island but my husband hates cookers in islands as we have friends that have this and he bangs his head on the cooker hood and if my kids were up at the island it wouldn’t be long before there was an accident and I really don’t like sinks in islands as it’s the first thing you see when you walk in and as we don’t live in a show home no doubt there will be some washing up next to it. The worktop on that side is double depth and I can look out of the window when I wash up.

With you on the pink tint and I did put the sample up everywhere in all lights to check it didnt look pink and I have hardly any pink tone it either looks beige or grey, funny enough grey looks blue which is why I didn’t go for grey. Love black maybe one day. But I think it would have been to oppressive with wall units and it would have looked odd with no wall units and a big blank wall (if i’d had windows on that wall I would have gone for it). Trouble is you end up driving yourself mad with all the options lol. With you with suppliers we just managed to sneak in before things became out of stock I would not wanting to be starting a lot of work now as you just can’t get hold of a lot of things, good luck with your worktops.

• Donna
    3 years ago

Claire, is there a possibility of getting something you could paint? (I’m refocusing in the handles/knobs in your original post. Things seem to have got a bit sidetracked.)
    Asking as I bought a Roman blind kit with brass parts that didn’t go at all, so I painted them black and they look much better in my midnight and pink kitchen.

Claire Francy thanked Donna
  • Claire Francy
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Donna, I’ve had a look at different colours (blue especially) but would rather stick with a brushed gold or brushed chrome as i’d like the handles/pendants and bar stools to tie in together just need to decide between the 2, which I’m still struggling with.

• annabellaamy
    3 years ago

Have you got bar stools/chairs yet ? What about these ??

Claire Francy thanked annabellaamy
  • Claire Francy thanked annabellaamy
  • Donna Cook
    3 years ago

Claire, did you make a decision yet?

• Nine Aud
    3 years ago

I love the softness of the gold/bronze plus I personally think that chrome has been around for so long, your colour is a refreshing change. Either way you won't go wrong, its all down to a personal choice.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 years ago

Much as I like gold and brushed steel too, with all of the black going on in the appliances - I’d go for black handles if this were my lovely room .

• Lozza Jarvis
    3 years ago

I agree with one plan, black will go better with the appliances. I redid my kitchen in early 2017, chose chrome handles which was a mistake, I should probably have gone for copper or wood.

• Lozza Jarvis
    3 years ago

I agree with one plan, black will go better with the appliances. I redid my kitchen in early 2017, chose chrome handles which was a mistake, I should probably have gone for copper or wood.

• Adriyana Vassallo
    2 years ago

Is that kitchen Hacker? It's beautiful!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.