sar_ack

Stairs & hallway help ...

Sar A
3 years ago

Hello, stuck on what to do with the hallway, stairs & landing in my 1930's semi?
The photos are taken on a dull day with no lighting on, the wood work is very dark, the laminate is very dark & the sideboard is very dark! I like all aspects but not together, the overall appearance is very gloomy.
There is a window on the landing that throws light in, the glass panels in the door way give good light but only in the mornings.
I'm rather daunted about painting all the wood in case I dont like it & there is no going back!
I've thought about painting the back of the front door in a brighter colour & changing the flooring.
The reverse of the doors from the hallway & landing are all painted white as the rest of the rooms are quite modern ... with the exception of the front living room but that's another dilemma to be addressed!!
Family & freinds opinions are very divided on the matter & I just keep putting it off & putting up with it!
Any suggestions would be very appreciated, TIA.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.