daniel_king49

Samsung Frame TV on Chimney Breast - How to Style?

Daniel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi,

I'm currently trying to figure out the living room layout for a house with floorplan something like below (apologies for the appalling drawing). The scribbly box in the living room is a chimney breast (currently with an inset gas fire). I should note that we do not really intend to use the fire for heating, it's almost entirely for aesthetic purposes.

My greatest struggle is where to put the TV. Unfortunately this will need to be in this room. However, I'm quite keen on the TV not sticking out like a sore thumb. I have become very keen on the Samsung Frame TV (not too fussed about lesser picture quality).

My preference would have been to stick a TV in one of the alcoves, with the ability to push back in flat to the wall when not in use. However, the alcoves are far too narrow (<70cm).

It seems that the chimney breast itself is the most practical option for viewing comfort. That being said I do not want have to strain my neck watching it! I have been thinking of one of two options:

1. Remove gas fireplace (I actually wanted to put in a gas stove, so this isn't my preference), put the Samsung Frame TV lower on the wall and style it up a bit (more photo frames?)
  2. Keep a gas fireplace, put mantle above and then mount the TV using a pull down mount (e.g. https://www.tranquilmount.co.uk/)

My questions are:

1. If opting for option 1, how would you "style it up" - examples very welcome
  2. Does option 2 sound plausible? In particular will the Frame TV look silly not sitting flush against the wall (as per the Samsung mount), and actually be say 20cm away from the wall?

Any other ideas are of course welcome!

Comments (13)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.