webuser_287627674

Open Fireplace (Insert and Hearth) 2009 - HETAS?

HU-287627674
3 years ago

Hi. I have a Victorian terrace with bare openings in my chimney breast. In 2009, I used a fireplace company on the High Street (in London) to install a cast iron insert and slate hearth (i.e. an open fireplace). It was something like this: https://www.flames.co.uk/cast-iron-inserts/gallery-henley-insert.html

I don't recall ever receiving a HETAS certificate (only just heard of it today). The fireplace shop is no longer in business, so can't ask them.

Did I need to get a HETAS certificate for this type of job in 2009? I am wondering if HETAS only applies to stoves? Does it apply also to open fireplaces in 2009?

Comment (1)

• Sarah L
    3 years ago

Well according to the HETAS website, any solid fuel appliance fitted since April 2005 requires a certificate of compliance. You could check with your local authority building control department, since they should have been notified of the installation.

HU-287627674 thanked Sarah L
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.