webuser_497208228

Is this too small an en-suite?

Fearn
3 years ago

Hiya - we are looking to add an en-suite to our bedroom by turning the airing cupboard and part of our bedroom into it. On the architect drawings the room measures 1000mm wide and 2930mm long.

Firstly, does this feel too small to have a nice fresh feel? I’d hate to end up showering in a box!

Secondly, I was thinking I’d be able to fit a shower tray that’s 1000mm wide by 800 or 900 deep but do I need to leave some space for a stud fixture to house the showera pipe work in? Or does that typically get chased into the wall? I was hoping for concealed shower fixtures.

Any advice on what clearance/regulation I need to follow too would be hugely appreciated, I can’t tell what’s a legal requirement vs. Recommended.

Thank you!

Fearn

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.