jody_schultz24

What causes these wavy seams? Should it bother me?

JODY SCHULTZ
3 years ago

I recently bought a new bed for my guest room. But when it arrived I couldn't stop noticing the wavy seams. What can cause this? Should it bother me?

Comments (9)

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

I’m not sure what you mean. Do you mean the folds/pleats are wonky?

• JODY SCHULTZ
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The stitching isn't straight on the vertical sections, so I'm finding it looks wonky. II don't have any background in upholstery or furniture so I'm not sure if it's normal or not.

• E D
    3 years ago

Yes I see what you mean but I’m no expert and wouldn’t be able to say if the ‘waves’ are within reason or not.

Possibly from a bit further away and in the context of your room and its other furniture it won’t show.

Maybe it’s an artisan handmade piece? 🙂

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

Maybe it’s just the filling inside? Perhaps it will smooth out to be more even when it is leaned up against.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

From a distance you can’t really see the waves. With upholstery it will move by it’s very nature. Depends whether this is a high end bespoke piece or from a bed store as to what to expect.

• JODY SCHULTZ
    Original Author
    3 years ago

It's definitely not bespoke :D But I fell in love with the colour.

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Colour is stunning. Looks great.

• Patrina
    3 years ago

I think this sort of upholstery is made by making deep grooves in the foam padding. The waves may just be from how the fabric is stretched into those grooves, perhaps a bit too much or uneven pull at certain points. Alternately it may be that the grooves have some imperfection in them which translates in the finished product.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.