webuser_386598564

Multi functional space - how to fit two workstations into one bedroom!

Jam Jar
3 years ago

Hi everyone

I’m looking for some advice on how best to lay out our spare room - latest indication from my husband and I’s workplace is that flexible WFH is here to stay, so we have to finally migrate from the dining table and set up a more permanent workspace solution!

Our spare bedroom dimension is approx 4.4m x 2.4m. We want to keep a wardrobe, plus our daybed for when guests are able to stay (it’s everyone’s favourite, the Ikea Hemnes daybed!). At the moment an electronic piano and a TV unit are also in the room, but they’ll have to make way for two desks.

I’ve come up with a couple of rough layouts and I’m looking for suggestions on which, if either, is better. The room will be used as a workspace for the majority of the time, at least in the short term, but I don’t want the room to be too clinical looking.

The desks I’ve looked at are about 100cm wide and 50cm deep, as we both need space for a laptop, separate monitor and a notepad.

Any help will be so appreciated, I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to work out how to fit everything in and still have a nice looking space!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.