sarah_hayes24

Small garden ideas and how to « hide » neighbour side wall

Sarah S
3 years ago

Hi there,

My partner and I recently bought a house and we are delighted with it. I’m not very knowledgeable when it comes to gardening but I’d like to have a nice little back garden nevertheless. The garden is quite small but the size doesn’t bother me at all. The only issue I have is the bins in the corner (I’m hoping to get bin covers at some point) and the neighbour’s side wall which is currently being built. I know it will look much nicer when the building and painting is done, and thankfully these windows will be frosted as they are their bathroom windows. However I’d like to have some ideas to « hide » or change the focal point of our back garden when I look out my kitchen windows. Is there any tall thin trees we could plant in the back ? I’d like to install a pergola at some point or a decking area in the back but it might be difficult then to plant trees near the wall? Do you have any ideas of how I could do both ?

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.