sarahdunne61

Help with ideas for kitchen/dining/living

S M
3 years ago

We have decided to knock through our dining room and living room to make a larger kitchen/dining/living room space. This will allow for more light and provide a connection with the garden, as well as provide a second living space for our growing family. As we are moving the kitchen, this will now be used as a smaller snug. The room dimensions of the new space will be 3.7m x 9.4m.

Im struggling to visualise how best to get the most out of our space and would really appreciate any advice. I have attached two possible options - plan A would be for a run of units and an island. Would this option provide enough space for a dining area and living area? I don't want the space to feel too small and the living area has to be big enough to comfortably sit 4. Plan B would be for a built in banquette style dining area to the left and a peninsula. My worry with this is having enough room for appliances and worktop space etc. Though I like that the dining isn't encroaching into the living space.

I feel like I'm going round in circles so any guidance would be fantastic. Thank you!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.