Front Room Shelving around fireplace in home with picture rail

Jules James
last modified: 3 months ago

I'm trying to turn my front room into a snug. Have the teal chesterfield sofa, and Fired Earth Hummingbird blue back wall colour in blue to set it off. And next step is built-in shelving - but the visuals i have had done just look too heavy or too light. So I am stuck. Like a ship in the middle of the sea with no wind. Additionally, our house is 100 years old and some X$£!* ripped out the beautiful deco fireplace and put in a B&Q victorian monstrosity. I found the old oak fire surround in loft and refurbished it and put that back with a chelsea arch as only thing that fitted. Now I am wondering if I put in a wood burner - not a fan of the coal lumps and fire now been in place 18 years. Any thoughts suggestions specialist offers of help entertained and welcomed.