anthony_liversidge43

Staircase ideas - Remove wall or spruse?

Anthony Liversidge
last modified: 2 months ago

Hi,

We bought our house last year and now that we've done the bedrooms, its the landing and stairs next. The staircase has a brick wall running from top to bottom as shown in the photos.

Our first thoughts was to have it removed and replaced with a spindle kit for both staircase and landing, in white with a grey stained oak banister.

However having looking at it again today I'm wondering if there are some creative ways to make it more appealing than it is now so that we could happily live with it.

I've been told its not load bearing but I will get a structural engineering around before hand to be sure.

Any thoughts welcome :)

Thanks