catherine_walkin

15m2 Bedroom - best layout to fit ensuite and a modern design wardrobe

Catherine Walkin
3 years ago

Please see below the sizes of the bedroom. I would like to fit in this space an ensuite and either some fitted wardrobes or I'd love to get a walk in wardrobe.

Could anyone help me design the best layout for this room to give it a super modern feel and the wow factor.

Comments (7)

• Richard L
    3 years ago

Slipper bath under the window, white wash floorboards...

Depends how mainstream you want to go?

I wouldn't partition the room unless you really have to for the sake of a bathroom..

Ensuite's are overrated and destroy so many open/space bedrooms.

Where does that arrow go on the left to the 2760 wide room?

• Catherine Walkin
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi Richard - we would like the extra bathroom because currently we have a very small bathroom.

I've attached a photo of the full layout upstairs.

As this room is an extension the arrow was just showing that wall needs to be bricked up.

• Richard L
    3 years ago

If it were my house - that box / bathroom would be the ensuite jack/jill maybe for a nice large bathroom, and stand alone bedroom storage.

Walk in wardrobe + bathroom with bedroom and hall access might be interesting?

Space rather than jam packed approach

Removed fitted wardrobes before - they might give loads of storage, they also shrink rooms and lock in layouts.

(Its not my house though :) - good luck)

Catherine Walkin thanked Richard L
  • Jonathan
    3 years ago

Sorry I don’t think this room is big enough for an ensuite and wardrobes and a king sized bed

• PRO
    Atelier Saara Karvonen
    3 years ago

I would do an "open" bathroom (shower/bath + sink, no toilet because the room is too small to have a closed space) in the wall where the box room is, with a wardrobe opposite the bed. I would not do a partition wall between the bathroom and the room because it would make the space so small, but I would build a Crittal screen-looking separation! This would make your room very wow like you want ;) But bear in mind it would still make the room smaller, and the bathroom wouldn't be huge either, but I love these open ensuite :D Feel free to message me if you want more info, I am an interior designer and I can help you with 3D to imagine the space! Saara

Catherine Walkin thanked Atelier Saara Karvonen
  • Catherine Walkin
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Love this idea thank you so much!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.