catherine_walkin

15m2 Bedroom - best layout to fit ensuite and a modern design wardrobe

Catherine Walkin

Please see below the sizes of the bedroom. I would like to fit in this space an ensuite and either some fitted wardrobes or I'd love to get a walk in wardrobe.

Could anyone help me design the best layout for this room to give it a super modern feel and the wow factor.

• Richard L

Slipper bath under the window, white wash floorboards...

Depends how mainstream you want to go?

I wouldn't partition the room unless you really have to for the sake of a bathroom..

Ensuite's are overrated and destroy so many open/space bedrooms.

Where does that arrow go on the left to the 2760 wide room?

• Catherine Walkin

Hi Richard - we would like the extra bathroom because currently we have a very small bathroom.

I've attached a photo of the full layout upstairs.

As this room is an extension the arrow was just showing that wall needs to be bricked up.

• Richard L

If it were my house - that box / bathroom would be the ensuite jack/jill maybe for a nice large bathroom, and stand alone bedroom storage.

Walk in wardrobe + bathroom with bedroom and hall access might be interesting?

Space rather than jam packed approach

Removed fitted wardrobes before - they might give loads of storage, they also shrink rooms and lock in layouts.

(Its not my house though :) - good luck)

Catherine Walkin thanked Richard L
  • Jonathan

Sorry I don’t think this room is big enough for an ensuite and wardrobes and a king sized bed

Atelier Saara Karvonen

I would do an "open" bathroom (shower/bath + sink, no toilet because the room is too small to have a closed space) in the wall where the box room is, with a wardrobe opposite the bed. I would not do a partition wall between the bathroom and the room because it would make the space so small, but I would build a Crittal screen-looking separation! This would make your room very wow like you want ;) But bear in mind it would still make the room smaller, and the bathroom wouldn't be huge either, but I love these open ensuite :D Feel free to message me if you want more info, I am an interior designer and I can help you with 3D to imagine the space! Saara

Catherine Walkin thanked Atelier Saara Karvonen
  • Catherine Walkin

Love this idea thank you so much!