hayley_sims68

ThermaSkirt and Damp queries regarding our Edwardian house...

Hayley Sims
3 years ago

Hi.
Our radiators (and pipework) need replacing and while researching different models of radiators I have come across the ThermaSkirt system by DiscreteHeat. From having a quick look around online it seems to good to be true, with the only potential downfall seeming to be a potential loss of heat near drafty doorways etc. Does anyone here have any experience with this system and is it something you would recommend?
Also...we have a damp issue on our first floor which a damp expert has said is due to a combination of poor ventilation and the outer walls of the house having no insulation. He suggested that, alongside addressing the ventilation issues, we should install thermal boarding to all external walls...at a cost of £800 per wall, not including labour. This may be a dumb question; but if we decided to go for the ThermaSkirt system (which would run alongside all of our internal walls) - does anyone know if the heat generated by them (plus our correcting of the ventilation issues) would negate the need for thermal boarding? As the damp we have is due to the condensation of warm air when it hits our cold external walls.
Any thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you 😺

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.