Farrow & Ball Railings shaker kitchen colour scheme help!

Poppy
last modified: 11 days ago

Hi,

We’ve recently installed a shaker kitchen in Railings, with chrome handles. I can’t work out what colour to paint the walls or mantle. It’s a kitchen/dining/living room.

Walls currently Little Greene Linen Wash 33 as I thought the trade Matt white looked cheap but now I miss the coolness of it and think the room looks too cream.

I don’t want the mantle Railings as I don’t want it to look too heavy. I want a slightly luxurious but liveable style a bit Humphrey Munson-esque I suppose?

The room is SW facing. Flooring is a neutral oak plan. Planning to build a large tv cabinet wall in a light grey (Cornforth? Purbeck stone? Advice welcome!) down the other end of the room. Do we match the mantle to this??

All help much appreciated.

Thanks