waldianni

Cutting outdoor sandstone paving

waldianni
3 years ago

Our architect and builder are trying to convince us that it is not possible to have a rounded/curved patio, because it is not possible to cut sandstone in a curve. Yet, I see so many beautiful curved patio's. Any opinions on this? (Not "special" sandstone, just Mandarin stone or London stone co., which ever cheaper/better matching colour.)

Comments (5)

• Sonia
    3 years ago

Of course you can cut circles! I had a brick circle in the middle of my upper terrace so the builder had to cut an inner and an outer circle to fit round the brick and inside them. Maybe you need a landscaper who knows what he’s talking about. My sandstone was from Global Stone but it’s all much the same. If it’s very, very cheap it is inferior quality though so avoid eBay etc. Mine was about £23 sq m. You can buy sandstone already cut into circles but it’s pretty expensive. Here’s my circles

waldianni thanked Sonia
  • PRO
    Base 2 Roof Construction
    3 years ago

everything is possible just takes time,effort and you need a right trade with a right tool in his hand

waldianni thanked Base 2 Roof Construction
  • PRO
    AGI Landscapes
    3 years ago

You can cut curves in just about anything with the right tools and trades person. Sounds like your builder is not very good, For the landscaping get a proper landscaper not a builder, you wouldn't ask a landscaper to build your house, so why ask a builder to landscape your garden. Totally different trades people, with different knowledge.

• PRO
    AGI Landscapes
    3 years ago

Indian sandstone is one of the easiest materials to cut.

waldianni thanked AGI Landscapes
  • PRO
    The Custom Developer Ltd.
    3 years ago

you can definitely achieve curves no problem. just takes skill and patience

waldianni thanked The Custom Developer Ltd.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.