vick_patel29

Stair case design dilemmas

Vicky Patel
3 years ago

So we are at the final phase of the project and we have made a crazy decision to replace our stair cases. With budget now going past the contingency phase, we are not able to go for a hard wood and have instead ordered a pine one.

The style we have gone for is more of a modern luxury style in the rest of the house.

The dilemma I have is I like the minimal look of wood and glass, but I am not sure I can achieve that look with pine as it seems it’s oak that goes with glass?

At the same time I think just painting it all will not give the wow factor I want to achieve as it’s the first thing you see when you enter the house.

The flooring in the downstairs lannding is a herringbone grey oak (see pic attached) and we plan on having carpet on the stairs (maybe a runner style). The internal doors (not sure if they need to match the stairs or not) are a light grey/oak.

Any suggestions?

Comments (19)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.