loblattner

Polyurethane cornice - opinions/recommendations?

Lo Blattner
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I saw one similar thread on here on this subject but it's a few years old so wanted to see if I could get more up to date opinions on the matter.

I am replacing the ceiling and cornice in my living room - it currently features a plaster cornice that presumably is quite intricate in design but has been painted over numerous times so hard to tell. I am leaning towards getting a polyurethane cornice, primarily because there is a lot of impact and movement from the flat upstairs which made my current cornice crack. The bit of online research I have done suggests that polyurethane is more durable and less likely to crack - any expert opinions on this?

Also would love to hear if anyone has got insight on the finished look of polyurethane - is it very obvious that it isn't plaster and would it look offensive in a 1904 Victorian build?

Appreciate any and all feedback or recommendations - thank you!

Comment

Ireland
    Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.