Statement window frame with stained glass??

HU-531095263
last modified: last month

Should I paint the large window frame of the Edwardian stained glass window in my bathroom?

The rest of the (East-facing) room will be painted in calm colours - Little Greene’s Boringdon Green on the walls and Mid Azure Green on the skirting boards.

I want to make a feature of the window - which dominates one wall - and am thinking of painting the frame China Clay to bring out the pink in the stained glass. (ignore the paint test in the photos - I was previously thinking of painting the frame a very dark green).

*But should I paint the frame a colour at all or leave it off-white?

*Should it be a dark colour or a light one (I'm thinking of a gentle pink to bring out that colour in the stained glass)?

*Should I just paint the outside moulding or also the wooden edges that are part of the the actual window itself?

Thanks so much for all advice!