webuser_531095263

Statement window frame with stained glass??

HU-531095263
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Should I paint the large window frame of the Edwardian stained glass window in my bathroom?

The rest of the (East-facing) room will be painted in calm colours - Little Greene’s Boringdon Green on the walls and Mid Azure Green on the skirting boards.

I want to make a feature of the window - which dominates one wall - and am thinking of painting the frame China Clay to bring out the pink in the stained glass. (ignore the paint test in the photos - I was previously thinking of painting the frame a very dark green).

*But should I paint the frame a colour at all or leave it off-white?

*Should it be a dark colour or a light one (I'm thinking of a gentle pink to bring out that colour in the stained glass)?

*Should I just paint the outside moulding or also the wooden edges that are part of the the actual window itself?

Thanks so much for all advice!

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.