nikihutch

Navy or Two Tone kitchen dilemma!

nikihutch
3 years ago

Opinions wanted!!

We are planning to knock through our kitchen, dining room & hallway walls to create on open eating / cooking space.

Our house is Scandinavian in design from the outside (quite boxy with lots of yellow pine!), & I wanted to keep a modern Scandi theme on the inside.

I have been drawn to navy kitchens from the start, but now I am worried this may be too dark for our West-facing room - we need to have the lights on for most of the day.

When researching online I have come across some lovely oak / navy two tone kitchens.

However, I’m not sure I like this design as much as the navy - see CAD designs attached.

Is my room too dark for navy, or too small for two tone?

I would have white quartz worktops & oak effect Amtico flooring...which is proving harder to match with oak units!

The last photo show the true colours of the navy & wood unit doors, along with a flooring option (The CAD design colours are not a true reflection).

The wood doors aren’t available in j-pull, so I have opted with handleless design & dark grey rails for both colours in the kitchen.

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.