alebleicker

trussed roof loft conversion with telebeam or ecotrus

Alex Bleicker
last month

Hi, I'm looking for a loft conversion (my house has a trussed roof) and I found out about Telebeam and Ecotrus recently as a way to not need a heavy steel beam installation and cranes involved. I haven't seen that much information out there on the internet and I was hoping someone here would have experience and perhaps use these systems to confirm it is a viable way to convert a loft quickly and without spending a lot.

What do you guys think about these systems?

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Base 2 roof construction
    last month

i used glulam before which is similar to the one you talking about but im afraid most of the structure engineers and inspectors are not happy with more likely just because the system is new and they are not too sure about the result in a next 20 years.

• Alex Bleicker
    Original Author
    last month

Cool, thanks for sharing. Have you used it as a replacement to regular floor joists? Did they try to make you change them or just didn't like but ended up approving the work?

• PRO
    Base 2 roof construction
    last month

it was not been easy to get approved and been honest cost wise they were not cheap either. i need to get all the data sheets from a supplier providing bearing details etc etc. next time if someone ask me i would say go for steels.

• Alex Bleicker
    Original Author
    last month

What was the main driver to use it then? Customer request?

• PRO
    Base 2 roof construction
    last month

costumer requirement and architect suggestion without to consult with a BI and structure engineer. as se drawings showing for example 152x152 or similar strength that means glulam can be used as well.

Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.