triona_dever

Big drop from French Doors to garden (kid friendly ideas)

Triona Dever
3 years ago

Our new house has a large drop from the back door (soon to be French doors) to the back garden. I have an active 18 month old boy and a soon to be mobile 6 month old girl, there is no way I can leave the set up as it is as its very steep and dangerous (even for adults). The most obvious solution I can see is to build out a raised deck. Its a sunny spot in the evenings so it probably would be used, but tbh decking is just not really something I naturally gravitate towards. I was wondering if there were any other ideas I have overlooked? it has to be relatively cheap as our savings are being swallowed by the house renovation. I need something kid (and dog) safe that will lessen the chance of accidents. Thank you!

Comment

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.