Help with possible planning permission issues

Rachael K
4 days ago

Thinking of buying this property but we would be looking to potentially extend the upstairs to increase the number of bedrooms. Current owners have converted the garage into a 4th bedroom.
The house is attached to the neighbours garage (see photo). Is this likely to cause significant issues when it comes to planning permission?

I’ve also added the current floor plans. I think we’d want to extend out the back to create a large open living dining area. Do you think it would make more sense to attempt a double storey rear extension to facilitate a 4th bedroom upstairs and also an en-suite in the master bedroom. Alternatively would you extend sideways over the current 4th bedroom?

Many thanks

Comment (1)