frankie_hayes67

Bathroom power point for dual fuel towel rad

Frankie Hayes
4 days ago
last modified: 3 days ago

Dilemma 5000 ! - We just found out that the power point for our dual fuel towel rad is firstly:- bang in the midpoint of where the Towel Rad will go and secondly too high up - Should we move the socket straight down to just above skirting board (easyish) OR move power point to the side (would need to ask electrician do this but I've already made a nuisance of myself so too scared to ask) .OR overlap the towel rad so that it conceals the power point. Or get a shorter towel rad.

Move the socket straight down to just above skirting board (easyish)
Move socket to the side
Overlap/hide socket with towel Rad
Buy shorter Towel Rad and install above the socket

• tamp75
    4 days ago

Sorry I’m a bit confused by ‘power point’ and ‘socket’ - do you mean where the switch for it is or where the power cable comes through the wall? When we had ours fitted, the electrician said the switch had to be outside the bathrooms for safety reasons. The power cables come through at skirting board level as that’s where they fix to the towel rails.

• Frankie Hayes
    3 days ago

The isolator switch is outside the bathroom door but I meant the point where the wire is connected next to the rad but not next to in this case - its bang in the middle