eilidhmca

Bathroom / shower upgrade advice

eilidhmca
3 years ago

Hello everyone,

We’re looking to replace a dated bath in our en-suite with a shower cubicle. The top end of the bathroom is in a shallow alcove that is 1000mm wide with a 500mm deep section of wall.

Our plan ideally is to have a 1000mm x 1000m shower tray. With tiles on 2.5 sides (the red walls on the plan), the shower door on the the full 1000mm opening, which would then leave a 500mm side that needs a shower panel (the green line on the plan).

I can’t find a 500mm shower panel, they are all 700mm + I can find a 500mm wet room screen, although I have no idea whether this is compatible with a shower door? (I assume not?!)

We have considered a longer shower tray (1000mm x 1200mm) although there are steps down into the en-suite which is the rectangle by the door on the plan so making the shower longer means access with be tight around these steps and into the shower

Is my only option to get a bespoke piece of glass made at the correct length?

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.