pete_a_smith

What's wrong with my Euphorbia succulent?

Peter
3 years ago

I've got a few of these euphorbia succulents. Normally they're really hardy - I've even managed to take cuttings and propagate new plants from them.

Recently, this one took a car trip to my new house, wrapped in cardboard.

It's now showing this strange surface scarring. The brown patches are changing colour over the days, parts of it are looking almost white/transparent now.

Maybe it got rattled in the car journey? Maybe the it didn't like the lack of light when wrapped up? Could it be something completely different like a fungus?

Has anybody experienced this before? Any idea what the prognosis is? Will it heal, or am I better off chopping off the healthy top and re-growing from there?

Can I do anything to help it out?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Comments (5)

• cath
    3 years ago

Is this euphorbia?

• cath
    3 years ago

Apologies, I had no idea there were so many different types. I just read the above link and found it very interesting.

• tezz4
    3 years ago

No apologies necessary!!! Plants are so complicated and all different in their needs, care, climate blah blah that l thought it easier to post a link l found! 😁

• jackiep3
    3 years ago

Like Cath I thought what? as I only know euphorbia as the Spurge family so we learn something new every day. High five.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.