aaliyah_xo

What carpet would you pair with this?

aaliyah xo
14 days ago

What carpet would you pair with this? Don’t particularly want hard flooring, carpet preferred. also, what colour palette to play with? seeing as its a very busy wallpaper.

• Carolina
    12 days ago

I'd still go for a sand coloured carpet. Would be good to see more of the room and the sofa (we can look through any renovation mess :-) ). But with the info we've got, I see it like this:

Best Answer
  • Victoria
    14 days ago
    last modified: 14 days ago

What kind of room is it? I’d go pink or turquoise.

@Sam Potter

Is this one of the papers you were looking at?

• Related Discussions

Would dark wood floor in hall leading to light oak floor kitchen work?

Q

What I have always thought is, if you try to "match" an existing floor it looks like you tried and missed. When you go with something completely different, the result is yes, I wanted something different, and here it is. Especially if you lay it in a different direction. Does that make sense?
    ...See More

What colours would match this sketch?

Q

Take the sketch to a paint store and try a bunch of color cards. Take the best ones home to see how they look in the light of your home. Then just pick the one you like the best. No it doesn't have to be some shade of yellow/mustard. It could be a complementary color.
    ...See More

Runner or carpet for these stairs??

Q

When I though you meant the carpet was for ground floor I would say no to runner, and leave stairs dark with white risers...but since the carpet is only upstairs on landing I think a runner would be nice visually and since it's expensive you would like to appreciate it / show it more. Wood stairs are just dusty no matter what, I've never had runners but all wood stairs and they are just dusty... i don't know that it will be less work, prob same amount of cleaning. Love the carpet, beautiful.
    ...See More

Moving house. Replace living room carpet or put down wooden floor?

Q

I agree with the above comment a wooden floor with a rug will get you the best of both world's. Wooden floors are much easier to look after also, I think they tend to last longer than carpets which stain and become worn. If you are starting from scratch with furniture then do for it! Let us know what you choose :).
    ...See More
  • Sonia
    14 days ago

Victoria it was on Sams shortlist!
    For me I would go very neutral. Depends what else is in the room but a soft grey, mushroom or taupe may go well but hard to say with just one wall.

• aaliyah xo
    13 days ago

@Victoria hi, thanks for this. - its a living room

• aaliyah xo
    13 days ago

@Sonia hiya, thanks. all 4 walls are covered with the same print

• Jonathan
    13 days ago

I love this paper- bold choice.
    I would also choose a plain carpet, I would choose a mid tone and then paint the ceiling a pale colour as the current bright white is perhaps so white that it cheapens the black background of the paper

• Victoria
    13 days ago

I’m meaning a plain pale pink or subtle turquoise, one doesn’t use this wallpaper if one doesn’t love colour.

• Carolina
    13 days ago

Also depends on your furniture colour?

But I'd go for a natural, sand colour.

• peggysue67
    13 days ago

Think I’d go for a pale green but depends on your furniture.

• aaliyah xo
    13 days ago

@Carolina mind the mess in the background (renovating the whole house) the sofa is this beige leather with a black bottom. Was considering changing the sofa, but decided against as thought it contrasted in an unsually nice way with the colours on the wallpaper. what do you guys think? No other furniture in the room as of yet. TBC until after the carpet is picked

• aaliyah xo
    13 days ago

@Jonathan the wallpaper is incredible, £16.99 per roll!! - we went for graham&brown wallpaper for the rest of the rooms (£40-70 per roll) Dare i say it, this compares to the quality of graham &brown more cost effective too!!

• Heidi Lumb
    13 days ago

I'd choose a black carpet ...also like Jonathan's suggestion to paint ceiling in a pale colour👍...our decorator suggested this in a room we had painted in a deep dark blue....it makes a huge difference and the colour so subtle you dont realise....suggest a v pale pink

• Maggie Toop
    13 days ago

I am loving this look, and think this is only the start of your room depending on the aspect and how you want to feel I think white paint a no no! May I suggest you change your sofa as the best option for this paper would be Velvet then tie in your window dressings with it maybe the pink which everyone is talking about. Don’t worry about being precious with the velvet sofa I have one in my sitting room from Loaf it’s in clever velvet and when the covers get scruffy I put them in the washing machine they wash perfectly!
    I know you don’t like the idea of hard flooring but if you chose it and then bought a large rug maybe a Berber you could have the best of both worlds. The last thing is really what makes you happy and that means deciding whether to add more pattern I.e. lampshades etc., or go plain with accessories hope to see your photos of this lovely room

Maggie

• HU-290967725
    13 days ago

Have you got a photo of the whole room? Would be interested to see the size etc? Lovely wallpaper btw.

• Sam Potter
    13 days ago

I love that paper, and yep, it's on my shortlist for one wall of my kitchen (though currently in 3rd place). I'd go wood or wood effect for the floor, with a large rug. The current sofa is brave , if you keep it, not so much for the colour as the material and style. Doesn't mean it won't look awesome when the room is dressed. What coffee table, art and lighting are you thinking with it? I do like brave! Currently I can't imagine how the room will look when it's finished, but it definitely won't be boring.

• Victoria
    12 days ago

I still want very pale pink, like the petal of the largest flower on the wallpaper.

• stumac23
    12 days ago

I’m with Carolina. Go for a pale sand/neutral carpet. There is so much colour in the wallpaper that you won’t be accused of being bland. Also, a carpet is a much bigger investment and if you did decide to change the wallpaper, you’ve got a neutral platform to work from. I’d advise against a dark carpet as it shows up fluff and crumbs and as this is a living space, you won’t have people coming into the room straight from outdoors with dirty footwear. Love your choice by the way, and especially love the fact that you went for all four walls.

• tezz4
    10 days ago

Nice to see colour in action! I’d pick out the dark background colour (I believe it is a brown) in a slightly flecked plain low pile - you could always add a turq area rug under a coffee table. Definitely not another added colour though. Also for the ceiling - one of the more muted shades picked from the paper, possibly the lightest of turqs. The moulding should be the same white as the windows.

• moorlikeit
    10 days ago

Fabulous wallpaper! As your windows are cottage style I think a black carpet would be very jarring: more suitable for a monochrome bachelor pad circa 1960s! I also agree with stumac23 that dark carpets show up every fleck of dust and fluff.

I do like the idea of a hardwood floor with luxurious neutral rug as I would find it hard to choose a carpet colour. I feel that a sandy option might just kill the room dead. For me a flecked carpet is also slightly out of keeping with the sumptuous wallpaper and I would be inclined to go for a velvet pile in a neutral colour although this is an expensive option.

A velvet sofa would also work brilliantly - so many possible colours in your wallpaper to choose from.

Would love to see pics of the finished room.

Anton Valentine Interiors
    10 days ago

A black carpet would set off the colours, frame any furniture and set off the wallpaper.

Celing i'd paint a subtle light shade of pink/white.

A sod to keep clean as it will show every speck on the carpet but a BIG statement. Good luck

OnePlan
    10 days ago

I had a car with black carpet that drove me potty as it showed everything .... brave move to go for black - but I agree with Anton Valentine Interiors that it would look stunning !

• chrissie_girl
    10 days ago

I’d go with Victoria. A pale pink ceiling with slightly stronger tone of pink in a plain carpet is my choice. Neutral camel type colours just make it look like you couldn’t afford to change the carpet or that the wallpaper is only temporary. Adding pink makes it come together and look intentional.

• coral77uk
    9 days ago

I would go with floorboards. I never use carpet downstairs. Parquet would look great. Carpet and florals can look a bit ‘old’.

• aoise
    9 days ago

If you would definitely like carpet, I would use cream🌼

• Meredithfleur F
    9 days ago

Your choice of wallpaper is stunning, I love. it. Like coral77 I would not even anticipate carpet, A nice light wooden flooring and a rug with texture would balance the room perfectly. You have made a great choice with the wallpaper, using a sand carpet could make it all look dated. A simple wool rug from La Redoute, cream with black lines, the one that everyone chooses would look great with the wallpaper and your sofa.

• H W
    9 days ago

What paper is this? I love it too.

• purrnickerty
    9 days ago

With the sofa being cream a neutral carpet may make it disappear. How about a lovely soft pale(ish) green that matches the colour on the wallpaper. Green can be very calming and would help balance the room out.

Christine Harrison Fine Art and Mosaics
    9 days ago

A neutral sand might be best as it gives you options to change in the future - but if you dont think like this I would go for pale turquoise or pale green, not black (nightmare for fluff etc showing up!)

• Sanchia Norman
    9 days ago

Wow - GREAT wallpaper! I would definitely go dark on the carpet. If you're feeling brave then black, but as someone said above, that might jar a bit with the windows. A more muted alternative would be a dark grey or slate colour which would work with the wallpaper and still set off a good contrast with your existing settee. If you're feeling really brave, a deep (blue-based) purple would be truly fabulous. Purple works brilliantly with turquoise, pink and green, all of which are key accents on your walls. Grab something purple and hold it up against the wallpaper - you'll see what I mean! ;-)