webuser_710074886

Fill gap around radiator pipe

B
3 years ago

Hi,

I have just had my flooring replaced by engineered wood, and the space around the pipes was left like this. I was wondering what the best way is to get this hole covered (mostly for insulation purposed in the winter, to avoid draughts). I saw some advice about using radiator covers / collars, but it doesn't seem like they would properly fit in this case duet to the beading. Would it be suitable to use silicon?

Thanks

Comments (5)

• Sonia
    3 years ago

You can buy radiator pipe collars which are specifically for that job. They come in many finishes such as wood, white plastic, chrome etc. Found these on eBay but they are available at many outlets.

• HU-714859438
    3 years ago

The standard of workmanship is extremely poor and your first port of call to rectify is the company who installed the floor. However if they have been paid then it’s up to you! Get a rubber and rub off all the pencil lines. Fill the hole flush with a flexible filler BUT be really careful to ensure the filler cannot make contact with the porous surface of the wood floor as you will not be able to remove it later. Then take one of Sonia’s seals and shave off the back side to remove the area where the edging strip would lie. Then wood glue the seal to the top of the hole, again being careful to avoid getting excess glue on the floor surface.

• B
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for the tips! I'll give this a try!

• ray snediker
    3 years ago

i think either a expanding foam to fill that large gap first or stuff with rubber foam then try fittin a collar over it flatten wall side to sit flush against the skirting board for fit

• PRO
    Magic Projects London Ltd
    3 years ago

radiators collars are great and you can get them in different finishes and size and even shapes :)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.