ceel11

Carpet or floorboards in hallway

Ce El
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So, when I bought my flat it had lovely sanded floorboards in the hallway, front bedroom and living room. But I've had major renovations done inc plumbing and the boards in the front bedroom and hall have been hacked and stained and fixed back down with screws in multiple places. To top this I've had so many problems with leaking pipes, mice and so on that I worry boards will need lifted again in future. I've reconciled carpeting the bedroom, it'll be warm and cosy after all. But what about the hall? Would re sanding and varnishing, sealing all the gaps and filling all the holes/gouges leave a worthwhile finish? Would it still be cold? Will the dust and drying time be a nightmare? Its an awkward shape so rugs don't quite work. Or should I just carpet and be done with it? Carpets these days are easy to clean, stain resistant etc. It's victorian but no cornice, internal and the walls are India Yellow so it's quite dark, but a lovely colour. The antique pine finish with this is quite full on but is consistent with the living room boards which will remain regardless.

Comments (5)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.